Thomas Wailgum at CIO.com writes on some secrets of what makes a top notch business analyst. I like the emphasis on communication, clarity and people.
The key points are:
- They understand the specific business problem that software aims to solve
- They are diplomats, translators and negotiators
- They can see the forest through the trees
- They understand technology’s potential and its limitations
- They have credibility with business colleagues, often gained through previous work experience.
- They are “people persons.”
The full article is at: