The last few weeks I’ve been taking a look and meeting with people associated with the Canberra innovation scene and have identified some areas I would like to be involved in:
- Create a space that brings together the regions most innovative people to work together in an open plan arrangement that facilitates learning and maximises the cross pollenizsation of ideas.
- Developing and running multiple programs, ideally within such a space, to develop new businesses, new products, new programs and new processes.
- Establishing and running various investment vehicles to support the growth of these, delivering returns for shareholders or public benefits for public service initiatives.
- Creating a local innovation ecosystem that produces innovative ideas and a “lean startup” culture of things done without waste.
- Facilitating the emergence of new innovation clusters in the ACT.
- Assisting in the development of policies that support the growth of Australian innovation eco-systems